Health benefits are usually referred to as insurance or health insurance. When we say the word health benefit, it covers a wide scope of information, it depends on the specific information on the topic that you would like to know about. in the form of health insurance, since we are talking about the medical area, there is a form of payment through the use of health insurance. On the other hand, health benefits, particularly in the field of medicine, pertain to an event where food or a substance or activity does something to improve health.
ADVANTAGES OF HEALTH BENEFITS
1. Recruiting and Retention: This is the first advantage in offering a health benefit. This is a valuable tool in retaining and recruiting employees because this is one of the qualities or factors of a company that employees usually look for when they are applying for a job.
2. Tax Advantages: Health benefits offer gives advantage to those small companies to cut down their tax contributions.
3. Employee Wellness: The last but not the least, health benefits ensure that all the employees are healthy, productive and always present at work.
Overall, health benefits help small businesses in a way that they attract employes in terms of recruitment as well as keep them loyal, happy with the coverage of the health benefit and in return they will become productive in their day to day work. Now that we already sorted out what the advantages, let us take a look at what are the examples of health benefits available for you:
SAMPLE OF POPULAR BENEFITS:
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long term disability insurance
- Short term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Childcare benefits
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Wellness programs
- Relocation assistance
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Telecommuting options
Perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
This is how they structure, contribute and offer these benefits to employees:
1) Organizational-oriented benefits: These are specific or defined benefits like a traditional health insurance policy, retirement pension or formal wellness programs.
2) Consumer-oriented benefits: These are employer-funded benefits like reimbursement plans.
ESSENTIAL HEALTH BENEFITS:
It has required by the Affordable Care Act that all the individuals and to those who do not have a traditional job should have a health benefit like maternity, preventive, mental health, pediatric and dental care. They also require that health benefits be covered without annual dollar caps and provide patients with more health benefits and less financial load.
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient services)
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and rehabilitative services (those that help patients acquire, maintain, or improve skills necessary for daily functioning) and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care